Domestic Infant Adoption Overview
Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (LSSI) is a not-for-profit, licensed adoption agency whose goal is to find families who will provide children with the love, nuturing and guidance they need to grow and thrive.
- LSSI serves both prospective adoptive parents and birthparents who are facing an unplanned pregnancy.
- Our mission is to support birthparents in their decision-making process, regardless of whether they decide to make an adoption plan or not.
- Our caring and knowledgeable adoption staff also support and guide prospective adoptive parents through each step of the process.
- We believe in openness in adoption, which means that birthparents and adoptive parents come together to agree on how much information they will exchange about themselves and whether and how much ongoing contact (letters, pictures, emails, phone calls and/or face-to-face visits) they will have after the adoption.
- There are many types of infant adoption. Learn more about infant adoption at LSSI.